gas tank,petcock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gas tank,petcock

Got that baby fired up,now the weather is too bad to properly test her.Living 45 minutes from the dragon is such a pain,a long way to ride for a decent test!!!!I still do not have the fuel delivery from the tank i think i should.While cranking the fuel in the line appears to go back and forth.I cleaned the petcock pretty good as the diaphram was sticking in the slot.got out the dremel and polished the slide on the diaphram as well as the seating area in the base.on the prime position,straight up and down right?no fuel flows unless i suck a little on the vacuum tube.I thought that fuel should come out just by putting it on prime but it does not.How these things work i cannot but begin to fathom anyway.I will add some carb cleaner to the mix before the first ride just in case.My only other thought is that replacing those fuel lines by yourself is tegious!

sounds like the diaphram is screwed for sure.. or if your vacum line to the carbs is either reversed or cloged... also check to make sure your tank vent near the top of your fuel cap is not clogged.

Hope the info helps

Comment

Air came rushing into the tank when I turned it back over after relacing the petcock.vent tube goes between the 1st and second carb from the left,sitting on bike .I can blow through the vacuum tube to the carbs alright and had to resort to blowing gas into the carbs manually to fill them.Proper road test will not happen until after this snow melts as i cannot attain proper speeds with these tire chains on.30 mph the directions state is maximum with the tire chains.

Comment

yeah teh vacum line attach's to the front of the carbs (engine side) and the fuel feed line is on the side facing the airbox. It does really sound like you may have your lines reversed or the vent in your tank is clogged.. have you tried the prime setting with the tank lid off?...things like this make me glad I have clear fuel lines.. easy to see when fuel not moving as it should =)

Keep us posted

Comment

Originally posted by hardwareman View Post
          Living 45 minutes from the dragon is such a pain,a long way to ride for a decent test!!!!
          You poor man!!!!!! My heart bleeds for you. :-D

Comment

Working...
          X