Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Engine / Motor Compatability

Hi,

I have the opportunity to purchase a 1982 gs1000 gk parts bike. I have both a 1979 gs1000e and a 1980 GS1000 GL. I was wondering if I can take the 1100 top end and put it on either bike?

Would the bottom end be the same as a 1980 GS1000 G model?

Any help would be appreciated I don't want to spend the money on it if I don't have to and there is no title. I need to know whether or not to pass.

Thanks!
    J

the crank and rods are differant in the GK as suzuki both bored and stroked to get 1100CC

GK 1100 pistons are 2mm larger that 1000cc pistons but wrist pin size and hight is same so they will work on a 1000cc bottom end and crank.

other than that and the fact the GK uses second generation electronic ignition everthing else is interchangable with other 1000/1100G's

PS: get much snow yesterday up in your part of the metromess?
    Last edited by Guest; 03-07-2008, 11:44 PM.

Comment

I appreciate it, so I can just replace the top end, pistons, and pins, and I will be good to go?

I have a dyna s on the 79' and electrical timing on the 80'g .

And yes, 3" of snow and slush up North here.

Comment

yep, pistons, cylinders, and head should bolt right on. the 82 cam cover will be required as they changed the cover and head to correct a tendency to leak oil at the cam chain channel..

the 1100G/GK engine only makes 10-12 more HP so a change to just the bigger pistons will only give you anouther 6-8hp if my math is correct.

Comment

You could put the complete motor in your GL

Comment

Working...
          X