replacing fork bushings..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replacing fork bushings..

I have already ordered fork springs and seals. I am going to order (4) bushings if I am correct for my front forks. Is there something else that I would need to order along with the bushings? Thanks guys.

Sorry guys, one more time on bushings....

#2..PISTON 51121-49200 2 $9.19
    #15..PISTON RING 51196-49000 2 $4.26
    These are the 2 different types of bushings that I need for my forks right? Sorry, but just confusing on the wording. Why can't they just say "bushings"??? Thanks again.

Comment

JK,
      I have never replaced the parts on my front shocks, but I think it would be cool if you could take pictures of your process and do a write up on it. Maybe add it to the other great files on here.

Cory

Comment

That would be a cool idea. Unfortunately I don't think I have that luxury being my mechanics small 2 bay garage where he is letting me use a small enough space to let me work on my bike. Good thought though.

Comment

The "piston ring" is a plastic piece that fits on the upper end of the damper rod.

The bushing on the fiche is the lower one that goes around the fork tube. Sometimes Suzuki calls it a "slide metal"

Unfortunately, the upper bushing is not listed anywhere and is not shown on the fiche. The manual even says it is not available.

However, when I rebuilt my forks last fall after 84,000 miles of flogging, this bushing and its teflon lining were still in fine shape. So I put it back and found something else to worry about.
          1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
          2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
          2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
          Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Working...
          X