Parts from a GS250 on a GS450?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts from a GS250 on a GS450?

Does anyone know if the gauges and pipes from a 1980 GS250 would fit on a 1982 GS450? Any other parts? I'm not expecting much luck here, as I can find very little info on the GS250. From what I can tell, it wasn't a very popular bike. Thanks.

You may be able to find more info in the UK sites, more popular because of there tiered licencing system I doubt it the pipes would fit, that doesn't mean that someone couldn't make them work

Comment

Thanks. I'll try them now.

Comment

The GS450 was a bored and stroked GS250 everything except crank rods pistons and blocks interchange.
        Dink
        I got three of the little blighters in my shed 8O 8O

Comment

I got the entire front brake system from a GS250 (only $10 on eBay!) that fit perfectly on my GS450.

Comment

Thanks for the help, guys. It is really appreciated.

Comment

I followed SqDancerLynn's advice and asked the question on the UK board. This is one of the replies. Thanks.

From Jimbo:
              I am currently restoring a A reg GSX 450 and I can tell you for definite the pipes from aGSX250 wont fit the 400 to small diameter as for the guages the 250 has gear indicator the 400 doesn't but you can change the gear indicator switch over as I have and my GSX 400 now has a nice handy gear indicator the actual guages are the same internals just the indicator numbers are different ,side panels are the same as is the seat the front forks are the same but the top & bottom yokes are different,swing arm is also interchangable as you have probably guessed I have used a 250 as a donor for my 400 still not finished yet as I need a seat or cover and a generator and a rear wheel as the brake drum on mine is cracked oh! by the way wheels are not interchangable as they have different size bearings & spindles hope this crap is of someuse to you

Comment

Pity Jimbo didnt read which bike you were talking about :roll: You asked about the 450 and 250 interchange not the 400.
                Dink

Comment

Working...
                X