Can I take these off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I take these off?

There are 4 chrome bolts on the top of my engine. I want to give it a quick coat of engine paint and I was wondering if I could pull those four bolts without causing it to warp the head or something.

Just asking cause I know when you tighten the bolts there is some magic order it has to be done in.

If you are talking about the big ones that hold the head down, I wouldn't touch them.
    Once the seal is cracked, compression leaks, oil leaks, who knows?
    To repair the whole shebang has to come off.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

Mask them

Use auto paint shop masking tape and carefully cover them. All should go well with your painting. I would not loosen them!

rickt

Comment

Originally posted by rickt View Post
        Use auto paint shop masking tape and carefully cover them. All should go well with your painting. I would not loosen them!

rickt
        Yea, thats what I was gonna do. Cool, thanks!

Comment

Anything else special I should be taping?

Comment

anything you don't want paint on?

8-[sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm glad to see you're still at it tho!! good on ya!

Comment

Originally posted by snowbeard View Post
              anything you don't want paint on?

8-[sorry, couldn't help myself. I'm glad to see you're still at it tho!! good on ya!

LoL. I am more worried about sealing up my engine than over spray. I dont want to make it so if I ever have to crack the case I need a sledge hammer to do it or a drill to get bots out.

Comment

Working...
              X