missing keys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

missing keys

hey there guys i hate to admit this but iv lost my keys for my 82 650L adn i was wondering if any of you would know of who i would get into contact with to get the key code so i can get a new key cut?

there was a guy on fleabay selling original keys sometime ago
    the code i think you'll find next to the lock (stamped), on mine it's only the seat lock thats coded
    GS850GT

Comment

Jimmy open your seat,take the lock off and take it to a locksmith.Boom Boom,job done.You're not the first.Cheers,Simon.\\/

'79 GS1000S my daily ride in Aus

'82 (x2) GS650ET in the shed

Comment

Yes code number is on the seat lock....

Dan
        1980 GS1000G - Sold
        1978 GS1000E - Finished!
        1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
        1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
        2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
        1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
        2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

hey how many numbers should the key code be?
          i found a 6 digit number underneath the ignition assembly is this wat i am lookin for?

Comment

I have no idea what your situation is but a word of advice depending on circumstances: some folks go to very elaborate lengths to steal motorcyles. Might want to invest in a very heavy chain or use some other means to fully secure it until you get the new keys.

Example: full cu$tom Harley Knuckle Head, extremely heavily chained to a 6 " steel pole, which was cast in concrete and also attached to the ceiling. A pair of deadly doberman pinchers in the garage with it. The ceiling was also the floor of the owner's bedroom who slept with a loaded .44. The one garage door was solid steel with a super duty padlock.

Came down in the morning and the dogs were there, the bike chain was securely locked, the door was securely locked and the bike was gone, never found.

Comment

Originally posted by simon kuether View Post
              Jimmy open your seat,take the lock off and take it to a locksmith.Boom Boom,job done.You're not the first.Cheers,Simon.\\/
              simon, mate, how do you open the seat if you dont have a key
              GS850GT

Comment

If you get a thin bladed screwdriver,you can jimmy him open.Been there ,done that.Misspent youth spent well.Cheers,Simon.:-D

Comment

If you get a thin bladed screwdriver,you can jimmy him open.Been there ,done that.Misspent youth spent well.Cheers,Simon.:-D
                  yeah, i figured you were to no good, mate \\/
                  cheers :-D
                  GS850GT

Comment

I'm an Aussie!!They teach us that sh#t at school.That's how we keep getting hold of your Bledisloe Cup.Cheers,Simon.\\/

Comment

I'm an Aussie!!They teach us that sh#t at school.That's how we keep getting hold of your Bledisloe Cup.Cheers,Simon.\\/
                      and i thought that was through FAIR play :shock:
                      GS850GT

Comment

ok iv jimmied off theseat and unbolted the seat lock from the seat but i cant find any code on it where should i be looking on it?

Comment

Should be right next to the keyhole, it's a 3 digit number. Most seem to start with a 3.

So 3xx

Dan
                          1980 GS1000G - Sold
                          1978 GS1000E - Finished!
                          1980 GS550E - Fixed & given to a friend
                          1983 GS750ES Special - Sold
                          2009 KLR 650 - Sold - gone to TX!
                          1982 GS1100G - Rebuilt and finished. - Sold
                          2009 TE610 - Dual Sporting around dreaming of Dakar.....

www.parasiticsanalytics.com

TWINPOT BRAKE UPGRADE LINKY: http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...e-on-78-Skunk/

Comment

damnit so that meani dont have a code then

Comment

Does your bike have a helmet lock? If so, the number will be stamped into that. Likewise, your ignition and gas cap. Obviously, getting to the ignition is work and getting gas cap out is also tricky. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X