gs450l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs450l

Does anyone know if they make a REAL GASKET for a 1980 gs450l valve cover.

Thanks Bubbarandi

Nope, but if you can send him a good OEM gasket or a valve cover, he can make a pattern and thus supply you and other 450 owners with a gasket. That's where all the other valve cover gaskets came from.

You'll also want to research which models the gasket will fit so he can put that on the web page. The GSR Hive Mind can help with that.

Call up and see. I believe the proprietor's name is Harold, and he's a very nice guy.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

gs450l

thanks bwringer

I'll give real gasket a call and see if they can make a gasket out of a oem .

bubbarandi

Comment

Any news on this? I need a gasket and BikeBandit is the only place that has them, at $18 a pop.

Comment

I just go to an auto parts store and buy a sheet of gasket material. Then go to Lowes and buy a couple of bolts the same diameter as the bolt holes I need in the gasket. Bolts are made with recessed ends on the thread end and there is enough of a recess that they can be used as a paper punch.
          Trace out the gasket shape you need onto the new gasket material. Then lay it on a piece of plywood or a hard wood block and take the appropriate bolt and hammer and "punch out" the holes, then cut the gasket lines. Presto, new gasket. :-)

Earl
          Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I may try that earl. Sounds cheaper.

Comment

Working...
            X