Another stupid carb question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another stupid carb question...

Ok, just rebuilt my CV carbs on my '80 GS750L (mostly, still having issues with idle air screw on 2 & 3, they are soaking in PB now) and had a quick question on the pilot jet (under the plug) I've read a lot about these and am kinda confused...do these get screwed all the way in or do they get set a certain number of turns out? I don't have a manual or anything to tell me, so I'm just going by reading a lot on here. Thanks.

Set them tight...there is no adjustment in that pilot jet.

Comment

OOOO not tight!!! as in tight, just snug them up.

make sure the rubber plugs fit snugly, you don't want any kind of leakage around them, it will screw up everything.

Comment

ok, thanks. I'm going by the local suz dealer today to see if they can order the plugs as the ones that i have are old and soft and don't fit well anymore. I didn't figure there was any adjustment to them (besides size) but wanted to be sure. I also have a set of Stainless screws ordered, so I have to pull the screws out to change them anyway, giving me a good time to change the plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by focus frenzy View Post
          OOOO not tight!!! as in tight, just snug them up.

make sure the rubber plugs fit snugly, you don't want any kind of leakage around them, it will screw up everything.
          I suppose "tight" to one, is not the "same tight" to others. Yeah, you're not throwing lug nuts on a Terrex earth mover...

Comment

Working...
          X