Tanks? U welcome!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tanks? U welcome!

Hey guys, I'm about to take my wife's 850 tank off and replace it with the new one I bought this winter... Any comments, warnings or suggestions before I start?

Besides draining the gas first Scotty! 8)

GY

Don't drop it!

Sorry, had to, couldn't stop myself. Bad me, bad me.

Comment

Look under the tank on the right side, rear.

You should see two wires.....lift the tank a bit, then disconnect them.
      (they are for the fuel gauge)

While you are holding the tank up a bit, clear your fuel tubes.

Once that is done, just pull the tank back and walk away with it.
      Bertrand Russell: 'Men are born ignorant, not stupid. They are made stupid by education.'

Comment

cover the front of the tank where it goes around the stem bearings. You can easily bust the paint off of that area. Also, have somebody hold the wheel straight forward so that it doesn't turn on ya and bust up the paint. I think you are supposed to grease up the rubber pucks as well.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by srivett
          cover the front of the tank where it goes around the stem bearings. You can easily bust the paint off of that area.

Steve

Been there, done that! :x :x

Hap

Comment

Thanks guys! I'll let you know what happens! Can I reuse the gaskets for the petcock and the fuel level sender? I assume there are gaskets there?
            GY

Comment

dont squash the tank vent tube either.

Comment

Okey dokey! Will watch out! Gee! I love you guys! (in a none biblical way) you da best!
                GY

Comment

Be very careful with the washers sealing the bolts holding the petcock. They get very fragile with age. Tank vent tube? The only tube coming off of mine is a drain tube for the sending unit in case it leaks.

Comment

Working...
                  X