No announcement yet.

Broken Starter Button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's an update on the horn / starter buttons I make. In another recent thread started by bonanzadave, I learned from Charlie G that Alpha Sports actually offers an OEM horn/starter button. It's part # 37311-49000, and costs $9.06. Expensive, but a lot cheaper than buying the whole switch, which is what I thought before. I couldn't find this on the fiche for my '82 850G, but if you look on Alpha Sports under the 1982 GS 1100 EZ,ES Left Handle Switch it is listed there as item #24. Strange, this is apparently the only model where the fiche lists the button. I ordered one today just to have a perfect pattern, we'll see if I get it.

Charlie G also mentioned part #'s for the switch spring and contact, and I tried to order these too, but Alpha Sports says these are no longer available. Cross your fingers that I at least get the button.

Comment

I got the OEM starter/horn button from Alpha, but the invoice said DISCONTINUED after the part number, and it came in a tiny ziploc bag with no Suzuki logo. Looks like they scrounged it up from somewhere, but not the normal fiche supplier. For $9.06 I guess I'm glad to get it, and as of Nov 21, '09 it's still on the Alpha parts fiche. When Alpha runs out, I can make one for you, $3.00 plus about $1.50 shipping in a padded envelope to US addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by DPage View Post
        $3.00 plus about $1.50 shipping in a padded envelope to US addresses.

I still owe you $4.50
        82 1100 EZ (red)

"You co-opting words of KV only thickens the scent of your BS. A thief and a putter-on of airs most foul. " JEEPRUSTY

Comment

Working...
        X