Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Repro Tank and Sidecover Badges - Excellent Quality Too!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Repro Tank and Sidecover Badges - Excellent Quality Too!

For all you GS guys unfortunate enough not to own a GS1000S, I've found an excellent source for reproduction tank and sidecover badges. (other popular jap bikes from the seventies and eighties as well)

I've known this guy for awhile, but wasn't aware that he was producing badges until I saw him at a local swap meet, so was able to see the badges first hand, and I can tell you they are excellent "spin cast" metal (no plastic, thanks) badges, and are plated in the correct colors.

I've already bought a complete set of badges for my '72 CB750K2 project (yeah, another damn project) and I compared them to a set I bought new, and they are as good, or better than the originals. OK, now price wise, they are about half that of the factory items. (if you can get them)

For example, the 750/4 badges (2 x tank, 4 x sidecover) all up cost me just over $100.00 US, which is less than half what I paid my dealer 2 years ago when the project started. (or just before it stalled, he he)

Anyway, let me know if you need any and I'll get you a firm price. Shipping is pretty reasonable here (Melbourne Australia) so don't think that's gonna be a problem. :twisted:

Terry where abouts in Melbourne are you I have quite a few friends down that way you may want to meet up with and go for a ride, that is if you can stand Katana's
    Dink

Comment

G'Day Dink,

I live in Mill Park (Northern suburb) and Katana's are pretty cool, I almost bought a nice pop up headlight 1150 a few months ago, but the wife threatened to remove one or two of my appendages if I brought another bloody bike home, ha ha! I've been promised first refusal on a nice '82 GSX1100 this week, but I don't quite know how I can sneak it past her either, boo hoo!

Have a good Easter weekend mate,

Terry.

Comment

Those guys have a web site:

and also:

Hap

Comment

Well done Hap,

I didn't know that Brian Cutler(listed on second site Hap quoted) has his own site, but there you go guys, the first site has pics of all the badges, as you can see they are very good copies of the originals. Just nice to know that these things are still available. I remember restoring a Honda 350/4 a few years ago and my dealer laughing his ass off when I enquired about new badges........... (I got new ones, just found an older dealer who'd had them on his shelf so long he couldn't remember what year he had ordered them in, ha ha )

Comment

Terry send me an email and I will send you some addresses for some of the Katana club down your way.
            Just use the little icon on one of my posts
            Dink

Comment

Working...
            X