lighting issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lighting issues

hey there been cleaning up the wioring for my 82 650gl and iv came to a wall. whne i turn the bike on with the headlight on the low seting my tach and speedo backlights work, but when i turn on the highbeam i loose the backlight on the tack and speedo. any ideas of wat might be the gremlin

General rule of thumb: When you have strange things happening...CHECK YOUR GROUND CONNECTIONS. :shock:

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

grounds are good but thats the weird thing if the lights are already working why is it killin my light when i turn on the highbeams i cant see on the wiring diagram where the headlight wires would connect or interfere with the tach and speedo lite?

Comment

you have a bad ground for the instrument lamps. they are grounding through the high beam lamp and when you flip to high beam you lose the ground when it becomes positive. kinda like the side markers on the front of chev pick ups
        GSX1300R NT650 XV535

Comment

Bad grounds can cause lights to ground through other lights, and all kind of strange things can happen.

Greg

Comment

Working...
          X