A question about piston rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A question about piston rings

I have pretty much decided to put new rings in my son's 850, and have been looking at the different online suppliers.
    I have seen prices ranging from about $20 to $32.

My question is...is this for one pistion or a set of four?

If it's for the set of four, the price is OK. If it's for one, that's $85-&128 just for rings. :shock:

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

per piston

Comment

SKU: 12140-45120
      PISTON RING SET (STD) 1 $20.97

Per piston, unfortunately.

Ed

To measure is to know.

Mikuni O-ring Kits For Sale...https://www.thegsresources.com/_foru...ts#post1703182

Top Newbie Mistakes thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...d.php?t=171846

Carb rebuild tutorial...https://gsarchive.bwringer.com/mtsac...d_Tutorial.pdf

KZ750E Rebuild Thread...http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...0-Resurrection

Comment

Krikey! Are they made of gold?

Comment

At least it isn't a V8

Greg

Comment

I'm getting ready to buy new Wiseco rings from APE. $24.99 per piston. I can buy cheaper on other online joints but APE is a nice drive.
            1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
            1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I bought the 0.5mm O/S full set for four pistons off RustyRider on Ebay for $33 in original Suzuki packaging. Have a look on Ebay. You never know.
              Cheers. Don.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                Have a look on Ebay. You never know.
                Thanks for the suggestion. I just looked, including RustyRider's site, and found nothing at this time.

sigpic
                mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
                hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
                #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
                #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
                Family Portrait
                Siblings and Spouses
                Mom's first ride
                Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
                (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

I had bought rings for my 82 850gz about 3 weeks ago and when sliding the jugs down onto the pistons I used a flat screwdriver to squeeze them into the cylinders. Well when I got to the all pistons being in the cylinder, I was lightly tapping on the top left and right side. Little did I know that after about 1 min of it not sliding down, decided to pull them up and one of the oil rings had bent! ](*,) I had to order one set from flat-out and waited about a week or so. My only advice from going through that whole ordeal would be to take your time and pay attention to the pistons being centered when sliding down the jugs.

Comment

Working...
                  X