Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Shaft drive 83 850's

Originally posted by capt_tourettes
    I've got 2 of them. One was a basket case and therefore begging for mods. (only 300 orig miles on it too) But anyway here's my questions.

I noticed that everyone here has either 1100's or 750's and lower. Is there a reason for that I'm not seeing? :]

My other question is about the shaft drives. Is there a difference between the 850 and 1100 tire widths? That seems to be the major drag with a shaftie... you can't go very wide on the rear tire.
    Also does anyone know the difference in the gear ratio between the 850 and 1100 diffs?
    Alot of us here have the 850's Great bikes. The only reason that you see more 750's or 1100's mentioned is because more folks have them. I think they sold better when they were new so theres more of them out there now. Nicks had 4,down in Alabama theres three of them in the Price Family and a bunch scattered elsewhere.

Someone mentioned that the 850 is an overbored 750 which was true in either 78 or 78. The next year either 79 or 80 it became it became its own bike not a cyborg. I couldnt find the rear ratios for either the 850 or the 1100

Comment

I was told by several people that the 80's (+?) GS850 was a 1000 with an 850 engine. I think a couple of those people were on the forum.

There is an 850 for sale on ebay, 1980 with 11,000 miles in North NJ. (Currently $1400)

Comment

Re: Shaft drive 83 850's

It seems they all got dumped here in MI. :] I've been looking for an 1100 but all I seem to find is 850's. Lots of them. More so then 750's. But I'm not complaining. :] Thanks to all of you for the help!

Alot of us here have the 850's Great bikes. The only reason that you see more 750's or 1100's mentioned is because more folks have them. I think they sold better when they were new so theres more of them out there now.

Comment

Working...
        X