Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mashed bike...should I bother to rebuild?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo

Just to let you know, I dropped my 83es in super slo mo. Broke the glass on the speedo. Suzi dlr wanted $56.00 just for the glass. Replacement speedo - tach from Sacramento salvage = $260.00. Pricey parts.
    On the other hand. You could do a fantastic Streetfighter. There's a local rebuilt BMW hotrod near me that has a digital bicycle speedo on it!
    The owner says its deadly accurate to about 85 and then its all over.

Comment

news

took the bike to the shop on Saturday. the mechanic said that he couldn't visibly see any damage to the frame and the best way to tell would be to strip the frame of everything and put a new unbent swing-arm onto it and see if the tires line up...so I will do that when I get a swing arm, then onto replacing hte exhaust and instrument cluster/dash and anything else I find...I'm gonna have loads of time to work on it 'cause I had x-rays today and the Doc said it'll be at least anohter 6-8 weeks before I get my pins/screws out and then I'll be into a walking cast! yeehaw! so yah please keep the advice and any leads on parts comming!
      Cheers,
      Shaun

Comment

Shaun,
        The offer still stands on the parts I have lying around. If the instruments are okay Imay even be able to cut a new lens out for you. I did it once on mine.

Comment

Klack try Annex used parts just outside of Nanaimo they got tons of GS stuff there if need be shoot me a e-mail dont live to far from there ranzan@shaw.ca

Comment

Working...
          X