No announcement yet.

Pilot Circuit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll swap you the 180s for the 170s. I was mistaken in that e-mail. That will set you up.
    1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
    1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

I think I have them, I'll check my car. If this is all it's going to take, I am one happy dude! \\/ (Except for needle shimming, thatll have to wait )

Comment

Nope! I've got two sets of 160s (one stock?) and 180s in the carbs, and a whole lot of little baggies of things I know are jets but no idea what kind. Anyway, no 170s. Where should I get these?

Comment

I'm not sure if this helps with the change in altitude; but I have re-jetted (DJ) all three of my GS's (2-750s & 1-1100) with K&Ns. Never have I had to alter the pilot circuit. In fact when I tried (changing the stock 160s for 170s & even 210s) it screwed the machine up.

I find that the stock pilot circuit should not be altered when re-jetting with pods. (I am riding at 3000ft.)

Don't know if my experience helps; but there it is.

Good Luck

Comment

David, thanks for your input. I rejetted the pilot circuit (if I recall correctly) because it wasn't running off choke below around 2000 rpms. But don't quote me on that; I originally rejetted this a little over a year ago. However, swapping the 180s for the 160s is easy enough, but I still have the 47.5 pilot main in there.

Comment

Working...
            X