turn signal problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

turn signal problems

I put in a new (okay, old and from a junkyard) flasher unit and now I have turn signals, sort of. They operate at weird speeds and the horn is on any time the ignition is on, but at least the turn signals work. What I need now is a turn signal switch to hopefully fix the problems mentioned above. Sooo, does anyone out there have a turn signal switch for an "82 GS650G? Or from any closely comparable bike?
    Slamtry

you can try what I did, and clean the contacts inside the handlebar switch ,with an eraser and then lubricate the swtich with either marvel mystery oil or a brand called crc it is a spray oil for electrics. Just do it very carefully as there are many small parts. I used a five gallon bucked underneath to catch any falling parts.

Comment

I tried taking the switch apart, but when I did it, I realised that the previous owner had taken it apart before and had lost some parts. Incidentally, while searching this forum on the topic "turn signals," I read several posts that referred to "ballbearings" in the switch. Should there be some, because mine has none. The "switching" element in mine is not "spring-loaded" in any way, and I am wondering whether these missing ballbearings might be the problem. Help please!

Comment

My bike has a single ball inside the horn switch, and I think it has a small spring under the ball. Hope that helps.

Comment

Working...
        X