Morgan carbtune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morgan carbtune

After following all the good advise on this website I have my 850g running pretty good again. Dipped carbs ,new o-rings,ect.,ect. But still not quite idleing smoothly I guess I am about to break down and get a Morgan Carbtune ( seems to be the most prefered with ya'll). A company on the web called Califorina Sport Touring has them for $99.56. Any one delt with these guys before??? Thanks!

Carbtune

I recall seeing their ad somewhere, too. If you buy them direct, they will cost you $116.32 (as of today's exchange rate) delivered. If you can save a few bucks, I think that would be fine. I feel sure Morgan will stand by them regardless of where you buy them and it truly is a superb tool. They work great and are easy (and fun, in my opinion) to use!

P.S. The 5mm adapters are the ones you'll use for your bike but the 6mm adapters may come in handy 'down the road'.
    Last edited by chuckycheese; 03-26-2008, 10:32 PM.
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

I've ordered stuff from CA Sport Touring several times, and they ship quickly and cheaply via US mail. They've been around quite a while and are very reputable. Their web site is an eyesore, but it works well enough.

Didn't know they had Carbtunes, though! I thought the British maker flatly refused to let anyone else distribute his devices. If he decided to allow CST to sell them, that's probably a good endorsement right there.
      1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
      2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
      2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
      Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

Sho 'nuff, here 'tis. \\/

sigpic
        mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
        hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
        #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
        #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
        Family Portrait
        Siblings and Spouses
        Mom's first ride
        Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
        (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

You might want to shell out the $10 extra dollars or so that it would cost (Total was $107.56 from CA Sport Tour) and order directly from Morgan. Seems there is a bit of a wait from CA Sport Tour which I didn't expect. I placed my order on March 17th and figured it would show up at least being shipped at the end of the week or the next. NOTHING! I waited until yesterday to see if they would have emailed me anything about the time that it was taking for it to be shipped. Sick of waiting I called up there and was told that I was on a waiting list for the carbtune. WAITING LIST!? It would be nice if they told you this on their website. The woman who answered my call (who I must say is in dire need of a lesson in communication skills) informed me not once, but three times, that they only receive 3 at a time and could possibly be sitting in customs for 2 or 4 weeks, which is why they are sent to them only in bubble wrap so they can pass through customs quicker. But she did take note next to my order that I inquired about the shipping time (ha ha...yeah right) and it looks like I am 2nd in line for the next batch when they come in.

Comment

I ordered mine from CST. Good experience!

Comment

I dont think Morgan has distributors. CA Sport Touring most likely is buying them from him just like any other customer and simply reselling them.

Earl

Originally posted by bwringer View Post
              I've ordered stuff from CA Sport Touring several times, and they ship quickly and cheaply via US mail. They've been around quite a while and are very reputable. Their web site is an eyesore, but it works well enough.

Didn't know they had Carbtunes, though! I thought the British maker flatly refused to let anyone else distribute his devices. If he decided to allow CST to sell them, that's probably a good endorsement right there.
              All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Why not deal direct with the makers guys ?

Comment

I'll 2nd that. I ordered mine direct from John Morgan (England) and it was in my hot little hands in about 5 days (Florida)

Earl

Originally posted by tone View Post
                  Why not deal direct with the makers guys ?

http://www.carbtune.com/USA.htm
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys guys, think I will buy direct from Morgan.

Comment

Working...
                    X