New Airbox Rubbers For Gs550b

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Airbox Rubbers For Gs550b

I know that you cannot purchase new intake airbox rubbers that go between airbox and carbs for my GS550B. Has anyone done a conversion for this model (I think the GS750B would be similar) to use some other tube off another model or made something up to fit. Or does any member have some soft rubbers that will fit which I could purchase. Any suggestions to help me out would be greatly appreciated. BTW three rubbers aren't too bad, reasonably soft and the other one is hard as rock.
    Cheers. Don

Don,
    that is too bad you can't find these parts, I guess you will need to find someone who did a air pod conversion and hopefully they still have their rubber boots. I will keep my eyes open for them on ebay and locally for you.

Cory

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
      Don,
      that is too bad you can't find these parts, I guess you will need to find someone who did a air pod conversion and hopefully they still have their rubber boots. I will keep my eyes open for them on ebay and locally for you.

Cory
      Thanks Cory. A champ.

Comment

Don,
        your intake boots from your 77 Gs550B look a lot like the boots on my 81 GS550T, do you want me to measure them so you will know if they will fit or not? If they are the same you can order the ones for the 1981, either at bikebandit or there is a pair on ebay right now. Let me know if you would like measurements. And what measurements you would like.

Cory

Comment

Originally posted by KRISTI'SGS550 View Post
          Don,
          your intake boots from your 77 Gs550B look a lot like the boots on my 81 GS550T, do you want me to measure them so you will know if they will fit or not? If they are the same you can order the ones for the 1981, either at bikebandit or there is a pair on ebay right now. Let me know if you would like measurements. And what measurements you would like.

Cory
          Hi Cory. Yes some measurements of your's would be great. However I fear they will be different as my VM carbs are only 22mm and your carbs which are CVs I think are 32mm. The O.D. on my VM air intakes are 39 or 40mm. They take 39mm pods if you get what I mean.
          Cheers. Don.

Comment

yes, don that might be a problem. But I will measure them for you anyways. Maybe you can make something work.

Cory

Comment

Working...
            X