Bosch Platinum +4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosch Platinum +4

Has anyone tried/used the bosch platinum + 4 spark plugs in a GS? I normally use NGK, but those Bosch's look so cool, and i wonder if they wuld be worth the cost??? :twisted:

A spark will only jump across the shortest distance--so ????

Comment

If it doesn't run on B8ES NGK plugs, it won't run at all. I can't see how it would make any difference. I ran B8ES's in my four 850's before my present GK, and also on the 850 MotoGuzzi I had in the early 80's.

I change my plugs once a year, in the fall. The last thing I've ever thought about on my bikes is the plugs.

Nick

Comment

Spark plugs are weird? This is a true story, twenty some think years ago when still living in the UK and dating my now wife, i came out of the soon to be mother inlaws house, kicked over the 59 t110 dead as helll :x
        Raining as usual, magneto ignition does'nt like rain?? 8O ok i'll try my usual trick pull both plugs, gas turned off, kick over a few times with the plugs out, put plugs back in, turn on gas, tickle the single carb and away i go????
        Then it goes wrong, i break a plugs porcelain top in half
        it was a good clean break though, put the two halves together, put the ignition leads back on, prime (tickle) the carb, BINGO we have a runner
        ran great all the way home, not a misfire or pop out of the exhaust or carb? go figure eh
        Wrench

Comment

split fire and bosch 4 are worthless

Those plugs are purely a marketing gimmick! The only thing they will do is foul quicker! My buddy had a Shelby GT350 and we got some free from a promo deal, put them in just cause they were free. No performance or MPG improvement and they fould in 5,000 miles, we pulled them , put the old plugs we had removed (that had 10,000 miles on them) and the car ran fine again.

On a different note, my father collects antique engines and trinkits, he is a member of the Antique Spark Plug Association (yes there really is one) One of the plugs has a fan blade on the tip, it is from like 1915! I am waiting for Bosch or Splitfire to reuse this!

Comment

Working...
          X