No announcement yet.

GSXR 1100 Headers on a 83 GS1100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks 80GS1000! Dude, Your exhaust and your bike turned out great! I tried looking for a 89 Hindle exhaust like you but havent seen one around. I found one that looks simular which I hope to get soon to try your method. Thanks for posting up to let us know that it did work. This is very helpful!

Comment

Originally posted by tone View Post
      i'm thinking of the early model gsxr's from 85 to 87 g.h.&J models on those the 750 exhaust is shorter in the downpipes than the 1100 ones due to the shorter engine :-D these are refered to as slabsiders or slabby's in the uk due to the big slab of plastic seat panels

the 89 on models are the second generation gsxr are commonly called slingshots over here

In Canada at least, the first slingshot 750 was the 88 with the short stroke engine that sucked for racing and minimal ground clearance with dual mufflers. I can sure understand the 85-87 models being called slabsides, that is one big expanse of flat plastic on the sidepanels and tail section. I had an 86 750 LTD with the big brakes, solo seat and dry clutch and I still miss that bike. I would buy another one in a heartbeat if I came across one in nice shape.

Tone, for the Bandit 12 pipe on my 1100E, I assume that an aftermarket pipe should work as well since the OEM headers will bolt up. Any brands or models that fit/work better than others? I ask because OEM pipes are harder to find than aftermarket...

Thanks,
      Mark

Comment

Originally posted by kichigai View Post
        Thanks 80GS1000! Dude, Your exhaust and your bike turned out great! I tried looking for a 89 Hindle exhaust like you but havent seen one around. I found one that looks simular which I hope to get soon to try your method. Thanks for posting up to let us know that it did work. This is very helpful!
        Well, any 89-92 oil cooled Gixxer 1100 4-1 or 4-2-1 header should have the same exhaust port spacing as my Hindle. Maybe you can broaden your search to look for a 89-92 GSXR header? 4-2-1 is ideal for ground clearance, but FWIW even the 4-1 GSXR 1100 headers have the collector more in the center of the motor than off to the right like the V&H.

Comment

I recently won the bid on a 91 GSXR 1100 4-2-1 exhaust from a oil cooled 1127CC. Hope I wont have to mod it too much to make it fit my 83 GS1100esd.

Comment

Working...
          X