New battery question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mysteries solved!

Hardy-har-har Mr. Bakalorz ....you sir are very drole.....and correct as usual. I had bought each of my kids a new fairly spendy multimeter for Xmas and tried one of them against my $10 made inTaiwan special and readings were way off. Swapped out for a good new 9volt and much better readings.

I also called the store this morning and as Mr. Tone said the battery comes dry but once the acid mix is installed it creates a charge. Who'd a thunk it.

The guy also mentioned that when the acid is first added that heat is a product of the interaction with the lead plates.

So mysteries solved and the battery is likely good.

I have it on trickle now for an hour or so to top it off and I'll pop it in after lunch.....and hopefully get a scoot in before Motogp at 3pm.

Cheers all and thanks again.
    Spyug.

Comment

For some reason teh chain drive 650 had a 14 ahr rating while the chain drive was 12 ahr

Wonder why?
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

I avoid buying batteries from Canadian Tire, they don't last long. I suspect they're made in china. I prefer the Energizer bike batteries from Walmart.

Comment

I normally would buy a Yusa battery from my pro wrench but I had this $50 gift card from Crappy Tire to use up. I have had their batteries in the past and used one for years on my sailboat to run the lights at night. They always seem to work as well as any other for me so hopefully this will be the same.

I trickled it over night and just checked it now at 14.6 volts. i'll check it at lunchtime and it should be down into the high 12s when the surface charge dissipates.

Thanks to everyone for all the input. Much appreciated.

Cheers.
          Spyug.

Comment

Working...
          X