No announcement yet.

Putting extra weight into the handlebars? didn't make any di

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Would having the hub rebuilt by someone like falicon help vibration?? I do know they rebalance the hubs after reassembling them. Earl give me a shout if you want to go that route...know where a couple are.

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
      Karl after a brief discussion with an old timer mechanic, I suspect most or all the vibes present in GS/GSX Suzuki's can be traced to the clutch baskets, the movement, wear or even slop being the cause of most of the out of balance forces.
      Dink
      I have changed the clutch basket, due too that the inner ring of the clutch basket came loose.

No difference in vibrations after the change....

I still have the carb balance at running engine and stainless steel blastering sand into the handle bars left too test....

However, the vibrations have decreased a lot already, since a started all this.......

Comment

Originally posted by kz
        Originally posted by Dink
        Karl after a brief discussion with an old timer mechanic, I suspect most or all the vibes present in GS/GSX Suzuki's can be traced to the clutch baskets, the movement, wear or even slop being the cause of most of the out of balance forces.
        Dink
        I have changed the clutch basket, due too that the inner ring of the clutch basket came loose.

No difference in vibrations after the change....

I still have the carb balance at running engine and stainless steel blastering sand into the handle bars left too test....

However, the vibrations have decreased a lot already, since a started all this.......
        Was your engine ever used to drag race a lot??

Comment

Originally posted by slopoke
          As far as I know, no, but you never know....

The first owner changed the camshafts as the bike was brand new, so he might have been heavy on the throttle.?

Comment

Originally posted by kz
            As far as I know, no, but you never know....

The first owner changed the camshafts as the bike was brand new, so he might have been heavy on the throttle.?
            I was just wondering if it were possible that your crankshaft is a bit twisted
            i removed vibration from my bike by a combination of the things mentioned. The thing that finally cured the problem was an electronic ballancing of the front wheel.

Comment

Easy to check the crank while still in the frame. Use either a dial indicator or positive dead stop with a degree wheel. I never twisted a 1100 or 1150 crank but twisted a 1000 crank in 78!

Comment

I was just wondering if it were possible that your crankshaft is a bit twisted
                i removed vibration from my bike by a combination of the things mentioned. The thing that finally cured the problem was an electronic ballancing of the front wheel.
                Both front and rear wheel is balanced, same vibrations with different tyres and different balancing, due to normal tyre change.

I think the problem is engine related or the GS 1150 just is like that.

Comment

I just filled the "stainless steel sand" into the handlebars.

Must say there was actually no difference of the vibrations.

The best improvment so far, has been to retourqe the engine.

An other strange thing is, if it is cold outside 0-5 C and I start the bike in the morning, take to the office, the vibrations are much less, almost all gone. This state is what I am aiming for.

In the same evening as outside temperature rose to 10-15 C and I go back home from the office, the vibrations starts again, and always only at 112 - 122 km/h in fifth gear, other speeds no problems at all, if another gear is in it appears at other speeds.

Maybe the GS1150 is like that, I compare it with my former GS1100 1981, witch not had that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by cbxchris
                    Easy to check the crank while still in the frame. Use either a dial indicator or positive dead stop with a degree wheel. I never twisted a 1100 or 1150 crank but twisted a 1000 crank in 78!
                    Hmmmm...

Thanks,

Worth checking anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                    X