Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Screw Type Master Link

Anyone else heard of these? Opinions? Thanks

It's like yet another GREAT idea who's time is long over due. My question is: does the nut just twist off to leave the pins sqished in tight? Looks like it would work great!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
      It's like yet another GREAT idea who's time is long over due. My question is: does the nut just twist off to leave the pins sqished in tight? Looks like it would work great!
      Yea .. shortly after I bought a rivet tool

Comment

Originally posted by Dave8338 View Post
        It must somehow swedge the end so the nut can't back off.

Comment

Originally posted by mriddle View Post
          Yea .. shortly after I bought a rivet tool

I'm getting ready to buy a Rivet tool. I just saw these. I still need a Chain Breaker/Press. Not sure what I'll do yet. I haven't found any reviews on the Screw type link yet.

Comment

I think I would try one out.

Life is too short to ride an L.

Comment

i suppose if i ever stoop down to owning chain drive, i would use one

Comment

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
                It must somehow swedge the end so the nut can't back off.
                It's actually 'swage'.....but I'm really curious how you know that word??? Very few people would... 8-[
                1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
                  It's actually 'swage'.....but I'm really curious how you know that word??? Very few people would... 8-[
                  Apparently I don't......... 8-[:-D

Spent 19+ yrs in Manufacturing. Guess that's where I learn't it. :-D

Comment

Spelling!?!

Originally posted by DMPLATT View Post
                    Apparently I don't......... 8-[:-D

Spent 19+ yrs in Manufacturing. Guess that's where I learn't it. :-D
                    Well, Dave, spelling it wrong is not a big deal... it's a weird word that is seldom used and isn't spelled like it sounds. What did you manufacture??
                    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

Comment

Originally posted by chuckycheese View Post
                      Well, Dave, spelling it wrong is not a big deal... it's a weird word that is seldom used and isn't spelled like it sounds. What did you manufacture??
                      Job Shops. Mostly Aerospace type work. Anyhow, I spent the first 8 yrs or so as a Machinist. Then I got into Quality. Was an Inspector for quite awhile, then became a Quality Manager, albeit a "Working" one. That's where I got Grey and Fat. :shock: :-D

Since we are discussing this, where is it that YOU learned of the skill of "Swaging"?

Comment

Working...
                      X