Dyna coil question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dyna coil question

Gonna put some Dyna coils in my '82 GS1000s Kat.

I've thought of getting a dyna ignition kit, but my ignition sytem works fine with the coil relay mod, I just need to make sure I'm getting a fat spark ALL the time.

Does anyone know for certain the ohm rating I need (I think it's 3 ohms), and secondary resistance? Do the coils come with plug wires? If anyone happens to know the model I need that would be great too.

The website isn't very definitive on what I need, and it"s too late to call them. I'm gonna be deliviering a train before dawn and I need to order the coils as soon as possible.

Thank you.

if you go to www.z1enterprises.com i think you should find all the info you need

you're after the GREEN ones, i suspect, 3ohms

coils dont come with wires
    GS850GT

Comment

thank you psy, today you get the -you're the man- award so.........

YOU'RE THE MAN !!!!

Comment

thrilled bout d award :-D :-D :-D
        GS850GT

Comment

Psy I hope you're still on.

I just went to Z-1, I couldn't really see the side of the coils, can I use the stock wires on my bike for the coil terminals or do I have to buy the igniton wires ($16)?

Comment

Originally posted by Escobarclan View Post
            Psy I hope you're still on.

I just went to Z-1, I couldn't really see the side of the coils, can I use the stock wires on my bike for the coil terminals or do I have to buy the igniton wires ($16)?
            you can use your (stock) cables (make sure you cut 1/2 inch off the end of the wires to get a clean connection)

also, beware that the dyna coils' mounting brackets may not line up and you may need to improvise (but this is not a prob for you, i can tell from the nice "lil" job you re doing on your kat :-D )
            GS850GT

Comment

I don't know squat about your coils, Escobarclan, but I do know this: buddy, that's one BEAUTIFUL BIKE! Very nice work, excellent! Nicer than that, too!

Comment

Working...
              X