Question for the experts!! No impact, No Idea 1985 GS550LF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the experts!! No impact, No Idea 1985 GS550LF

This goes back to my original problem, clicking of my solenoid. CLICK CLICK CLICK!!!!! I had this problem before, so I bought another solenoid.
    It worked fine, it was turning over, then once again, with my new solenoid, CLICK, CLICK,CLICK,CLICK.(You get the picture) Is this just a figment of my imagination, or did I ruin anither solenoid somehow, some way? Is it my starter? Because while my solenoid seemed operational, it was sounding like my starter was having a really hard time catching, and then all the sudden my starter would kick in and start cranking. And by the way, this was with a freshly charged battery! Ive checked the connections, cleaned the connections, and it is coming to the point that I feel like drinking a bottle of Draino, and going to sleep. Can anyone HELP?
    This has gone much to far. One more thing, while my solenoid is poppin, each time I hit my ignition button, my lights and everything go down.
    Thanks,
    THE ALMOST CRAZY!!!!!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Check the clutch safety switch. My 850 sounded something like this when that switch went out.

Comment

Make sure the battery is fully charged, Check it this way jump from the gr/yel? wire on the soleniod direct to the battery If things work you need to check the wiring. if it does not work jump the two cables on the soleniod with a big screwdriver if it works replace the soleniod if it doesn't work it is time to remove the starter

Comment

put a test light at the starter wire and hit the button if the soliniod works you should see light.

Comment

Check your starter motor, it might be losing brush contact.

When the lights go down it sounds like you are draining heavy current throught the solenoid, but not turning over the motor.

If it is intermittent it sounds like the brushes might be contacting sometimes but not other times, this points to a commutator problem. Perhaps the comm is dirty and it depends where it lands whether you are getting good contact. You might have a short to earth there somewhere.

Kim
          PS. Also check everything that anyone else suggests. :-)

Comment

Working...
          X