No announcement yet.

83 Gs550e Idle Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

that's a bit rich... though without a plug chop it's hard to tell where on throttle unless you let it idle forever before you pulled the plugs.

I second checking to make sure your petcock is OK... also take a look at your float height and float valves(gas leaking from the carbs?)... if your floats are too high or the valve won't shut off at idle you'll get the same issue.

Comment

Ok, sync done today: I used the stock tank, but, it would not run with the vac line plugged and the petcock on prime. Did the sync with the vac line connected and petcock on "on". All screws are around the 2 3/4 - 3 turns out. I have the idle set at 1300-1500 (seems to sound good around there, any lower and does not sound as good). No air leaks and all hoses are nice and tight. Bike ran MUCH better, but......Decided to check my electrical stuff too......Very weak spark when cranking (new plugs). Coils check out ok per Haynes manual. Igniter seems to be weak. I got all kinds of crazy readings. The manual states to check in the K ohm scale but some of my readings would not show until the scale was changed to the "M" scale. So it appears that for some of the readings I had too much resistance and on others I had not enough. Has anyone used the HYPERPAK ignition? It seems to be a direct plug in and at half the cost. The bike starts right up now too. Hopefully I am not missing anything.

Comment

Working...
      X