Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair manual question

Hi,

Is the Suzuki factory service manual worth paying twice as much as the Clymer manual?

Specifically I'm going to be replacing some top end gaskets on my '80 GS1000G, which manual covers this in better detail, and which manual is better overall as an aid for less than an idiot but also less than a master mechanic?

Thanks much for any input!

The Suzuki manual for my bike is very detailed. Some of the translations are a little wierd, but it covers every nut and bolt on the bike.

Comment

used

try to find a used suzuki manual. I found one in great shape for $50! a bargain indeed

Comment

The Suzuki manuals are written up for general repair and then are split up for the differences in each bike. They Suzuki manual is much better than my Clymer.

Steve

Comment

I have both the Suzuki factory manual and the Clymers manual for my Suzibago. The factory manual goes into greater detail, and has better pictures. The Clymers gives alternatives to Suzuki-specific specialty tools, and, in my opinion, has better wiring schematics. I was lucky enough to find the factory manual on eBay a year ago for $24, including shipping! If you can, get BOTH!

Comment

There is one on EBAY now. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
            X