tick over problem with gs 425e

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tick over problem with gs 425e

my 79 gs 425e does not want to tick over from cold but when its running it revs its nuts off and i have to turn the tick over down but it just dies then i have stripped the carbs cleaned them out and replaced the o rings on the inlet manifolds and gaskets to the head hoping it would cur it but to no avail any help would be gratefully recieved many thanks

Sounds like the idle fuel mixtures may be off, try 1 1/2 turns out from LIGHTLY bottomed

Comment

cheers daveo, reset the mixture screws but to no avail still the same i heard from a mate that it might be leeking air into it via the rubber inlets is this a possilbility? how do i find it or can it be another cause? cheers

Comment

Originally posted by sharp
        cheers daveo, reset the mixture screws but to no avail still the same i heard from a mate that it might be leeking air into it via the rubber inlets is this a possilbility? how do i find it or can it be another cause? cheers

An air leak is a distinct possibility,with engine running, try squirting WD 40(or similar) around the intake manifolds(rubber inlets), if the engine starts to race(the WD is getting past the seal) you know you need to look into them further, are they dry or cracked? best of Luck and regards,

Comment

sorry i have not replied for a couple of days but ive been trying to sort the bike out i tried spraying wd40 on the manifolds and inlet rubbers but to be honest it not achieve much i didnt notice any change or any stabilisation in the tick over speed . i think i will buy some instant gasket and put it around the joins and paint the rubbers with vht paint and see if it makes a differance to it if it does i will replace the inlet rubbers and fit new seals and gaskets etc if i can get some new ones as i think after refering to what you said daveo that it is an air leek cheers mate i await some comments . sharp

Comment

Working...
          X