Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve View Post
    Schweisshund,

You definitely have a project on your hands there. If you would simply like a running Wing, I just learned that a friend of mine is going to be selling his '84(?) 1200 before long. It is a definite runner and has more lights than the average Christmas tree, but it's definitely not a project bike.

I kind of get an "insane" personal satisfaction out of bringing these bikes back from the dead. I found someone in Arizona and Texas that have the carbs and complete exhaust. The guy from Arizona is going to send me both for under $300 and the carbs need to be rebuilt.

The guy from Texas has clean carbs and is a bit pricier. I am at odds as to what to do. If I buy the carbs from Arizona, I might be thoroughly self taught in rebuilding carbs (something I can actually make money doing later).

Comment

Carbs, etc for 'Wing

Another great site to visit is nakedgoldwings.com/forum.
      Frenchy, the guy who owns Crescent Moon and Randall Washington (Randakk) are both sponsors and frequent the forum regularly. I'd suggest "goldwing discussions" for your post and I am sure you will find what you need there.
      A couple of years ago I rebuilt a '77 goldwing GL1000 and the forum was a valuable source for information regarding parts as well as repair technics. Lots of the major contributors are not "naked".
      Lee :-D :-D

Comment

Working...
      X