Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What amperage is the fuse on a 1978 GS750?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What amperage is the fuse on a 1978 GS750?

Sorry to ask stupid questions.

I searched and could not find it. Also in the repair manual it only says that 1979 and older models only have a single fuse.

So far I've installed a relay for the coils (15 amp mini blade), a relay for my new horns (20 amp mini blade) and I'm going to replace the main fuse holder with a full size blade style. The only problem is I don't know what size the fuse is. I bought some 30 amp fuses but something tells me the stock wiring is nowhere near that capacity.

On my 78 GS 1000 the main fuse is a 15 amp. I hope this helps

Comment

Originally posted by andrewclaycomb View Post
      Sorry to ask stupid questions.

I searched and could not find it. Also in the repair manual it only says that 1979 and older models only have a single fuse.

So far I've installed a relay for the coils (15 amp mini blade), a relay for my new horns (20 amp mini blade) and I'm going to replace the main fuse holder with a full size blade style. The only problem is I don't know what size the fuse is. I bought some 30 amp fuses but something tells me the stock wiring is nowhere near that capacity.
      I just was sent a 79 harness from a fellow GSR, and ive seen another 79 harness from ANOTHER GSR member, they both have a fuse BLOCK. However, my 77 750 does have only the single fuse, and i am pretty sure it is 15 amps.

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

So I took out the old fuse holder and put in the new one with a 15 amp fuse. Elminated 3 hack job butt connectors in the process, so if nothing else the wiring needed to be replaced anyway. Tested the lights and made sure the starter cranked and it was all good. (It didn't actually start the bike though.) Started looking closer at the original glass fuse and it was a 30amp fuse! I'm glad the bike has never had an electrical surge.

Comment

Working...
          X