front axle '79 750 dual discs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

front axle '79 750 dual discs

Okay, I'm an idiot. After removing the front (cast) wheel and laying out all the hardware in order, I promptly kicked the pan and all the parts went flying about. Could someone please tell me the order these parts go back on? i.e. "Slide a washer on axle, slip through fork, through speedo, through wheel, then the big hat-style spacer....." what comes next? also, the thick top-hat spacer (through the fork), does the "rim" go on the inside of the fork? I'm lost! None of the pics in the gallery showed enough detail.
    I thank you all in advance, everyone has managed to create a wonderful website.

-Loren

Would that be for a dual front wheel disk brake setup or a single front disk?

Earl
    Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

I would rather sit on a pumpkin and have it all to myself than be crowded on a velvet cushion. H.D.T.

Comment

I've got a factory manual for the 1979 GS1000 series. I believe that the 1979 750 series had the same front ends. I'd be happy to photocopy and fax you the pages from my manual that show the exploded views of the front forks and front axle assemblies, together with the written text instructions.

Comment

Perhaps this is of any help:

Good luck Loren!

Comment

Thanks for your help. I'll set up my 750 like that picture and hope for the best!
          This front end is actually on a 1980 550, due to the fact the 550's was not so nice. Now I have a parts bike (60 miles away). Any reason to switch back to a 550 front end? I'd lose the dual discs, but I'm not road racing, and it just adds weight. Any thoughts?

Comment

Working...
          X