Hex Bolts on the intake boots?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hex Bolts on the intake boots?

Well my parts for my 80 gs850gl finally came in last friday. Installed new intake boots, o-rings, boots for the airbox, and new filter element for airbox (po didn't have one when I purchased the bike). Also fixed the electrical short that was blowing fuse. Found out once I had the bike back together and running correctly that the r/r wasn't undercharging but was overcharging, so I'm going to order one of those honda r/r and install that with possibly a new battery on the 1st.

But I really wanted to know if someone could tell me what the hex bolt on the intake boot between the carb and the cyclinder head is for? I didn't mess with them when I installed the boots, since I didn't know what they were for.

It's where you screw in an adaptor for a vacuum gauge when you synchronize the carbs.
    1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
    2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
    2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
    Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

My hex bolt is 6mm and I think your's would be the same, so if you try synching your carbs you'll need 4 of those adapters when doing so.

Comment

I'm looking forward to doing mine. My Morgan Carbtune got here Saturday. Still waiting on the shims and stainless bolts for pulling valve cover and doing the valves first.

Comment

Thanxs a Bunch for the info

Comment

Working...
          X