No announcement yet.

RR neg to battery neg mod question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's late, but I'll measure the current through a leg tomorrow night and come up with something. The only difficult part is getting fuses of the right type and value. They need to be slo-blow types.
    I didn't mean tonight. Darn, you GSers are hardcore! :-D

Although, based on your description, I'm thinking serving as the guinea pig may exceed this rodent's brain power!
    Last edited by Guest; 04-23-2008, 01:09 AM. Reason: I'm dumb

Comment

I'd rather have a real fuse. I've used those in speaker crossovers before, on a dynamic signal like audio they are appropriate. Fuses are also cheaper and easier to find, generally. I'm thinking of something the average Joe can install and be familiar with.

PPTC devices are a little hard to size, you end up testing a lot of parts. I'm trying to find an appropriate value for someone now who needs protection for very expensive tweeters.
      1981 GS650G , all the bike you need
      1980 GS1000G Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely

Comment

Well I think power supply protection is a normal applications

They are actually non-linearthermistors, however, and cycle back to a conductive state after the current is removed, acting more like circuit breakers, allowing the circuit to function again without opening the chassis or replacing anything. These devices are often used in computer power supplies, largely due to the PC 97 standard (which recommends a sealed PC that the user never has to open), and in aerospace/nuclear applications where replacement is difficult.[1]

Also see app notes for 3 phase applications.
        see pg 40 and pic attached below:

Posplayr
        Last edited by posplayr; 04-23-2008, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X