No announcement yet.

Mikuni lore: VMs, BSs, CV carbs, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have VM 28 pumpers on my bike and they are fine. The only issue is the pilot circuits are different in that no fuel screw only air. I found count the air screws out two turns and adjust the throttle stops for a good idle works well. Dan

Comment

Originally posted by fatpat View Post
      If you are creative you can make some adapters to mount CV carbs on your model. I don't have this bike anymore, but here's a pic with CV carbs mounted on my old GS750.

Thats a pretty nice 77 "B" you had there! Did you do the front dual brake mod yourself or was that a Canada spec issue? If you did it yourself, how much of a pain was it to get it right? Been thinking about doing the 850 jugs and piston swap on one of my 750 motors soon, just gotta find the darn jugs and pistons. Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by TheCafeKid View Post
        Thats a pretty nice 77 "B" you had there! Did you do the front dual brake mod yourself or was that a Canada spec issue? If you did it yourself, how much of a pain was it to get it right? Been thinking about doing the 850 jugs and piston swap on one of my 750 motors soon, just gotta find the darn jugs and pistons. Nice!
        Thanks, it was a sweet bike, lots of power! It just looked mostly like crap.

I didn't do the fork upgrade myself, but the PO used forks and brakes from a early 80's GS650. Apparently it's a straight swap.

Yes, the Wiseco kit is was nice. It definitely added some grunt, plus the CV carbs added that crisp throttle response.

Comment

Working...
        X