Header for my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Header for my bike

I recently purchased an '85 gs700es, and I have been scanning the internet looking for parts to spruce it up a bit. Specifically, I'v been trying to find a 4-2-1 exhaust that would fit on it, unfortunately I have yet to find any information. If anyone could help me out, I'd be very grateful.

Thanks,
    Bill

searching too.

I am in the searchmyself for the same thing. I have found an model number for a Vance and Hines 12001K. but it's not listed on their site. I think they may have discontinued it.

Comment

A lot of aftermarket items for the 83/85 GS 750/700 E and ES bikes are no longer available. V+H no longer makes a pipe for this bike. I have the same problem as my 15 year old V+H Supersport pipe is worn out and needs replacing. I have been told that the Yoshimura pipe for an early 90's GSXR 750 pipe will fit with very minor adjustments. Billy Ricks has this setup and can probably elaborate more. Good luck, Ed.

Comment

I was kinda wondering the same thing sorta. I know someone that has a V & H 4-2-1 for a 92 gsx1000 and was wondering if that would fit on a gs850.

Originally posted by oldschoolGS
        A lot of aftermarket items for the 83/85 GS 750/700 E and ES bikes are no longer available. V+H no longer makes a pipe for this bike. I have the same problem as my 15 year old V+H Supersport pipe is worn out and needs replacing. I have been told that the Yoshimura pipe for an early 90's GSXR 750 pipe will fit with very minor adjustments. Billy Ricks has this setup and can probably elaborate more. Good luck, Ed.

Comment

Originally posted by capt
          I was kinda wondering the same thing sorta. I know someone that has a V & H 4-2-1 for a 92 gsx1000 and was wondering if that would fit on a gs850.
          A post by "Guy" up the list in this forum states he is using a Bandit 1200 exhaust on his 850. So, that should answer your question. A few of us have tried successfully and found parts from other models that work on our old GS's.

Comment

Here's the link to that thread, http://www.thegsresources.com/_forum...?p=71103#71103.

Comment

Working...
            X