Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

gs550 Brake switch

Hi Guys,
    a simple question, I have managed to source a front brake switch but am not sure how it all goes together, does anyone have a digram that shows the format they could send me ?
    I have the plastic housing, the contact plate with the 2 wires, a small cube shapes device which I assume is the piece that shorts the contact plate and a very small spring. It is the spring that confuses me where does it go ?

thanks
    Photos

the spring goes above or below(depending how you look at it) the cube thing to press it onto the contact strip(which is the adjustment also) the clutch interlock switch is identical, if it's still there(mine became the brake switch)

Comment

thanks for the response, so does the spring fit onto/into anything or is it just a tension fit ?

cheers
      Photos

Comment

I think it's got a nipple that it fits on? I couldn't find a pic in the factory manual, if you can carefully(don't lose the pieces) open the one on the clutch interlock, they're identical

Comment

yes it would be useful to have one of those exploded picture, thanks again

Photos

Comment

Hope this helps:

Comment

what an excellent diagram, where did you get it from

thanks
              Photos

Comment

Choose OEM parts, year, brand, type and you'll get to the microfiche section. I downloaded all of the pictures for my bikes and found it very useful.

Comment

excellent thanks

Comment

The black cube thing has a copper contact plate in it, the spring goes under the copper piece inside the black bit.
                    Dink

Comment

as in inside the black piece which means the copper plate would have to come off first ?

Comment

Working...
                      X