No announcement yet.

signals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the old and the new bulbs are same wattage then you dont need the equalizer (35w is probably standard at your market)

the blinkers will work properly only if you have both the front and the back (on the same side) hooked up and both are functional
    so, temporarily connect the old blinkers, all 4 of them to confirm that all the connections and the flasher are ok
    then change two old blinkers on the same side with the new ones and see what happens

if everything is connected properly its not possible to get the front blinker lit all the time while the back one is blinking

if your old front is dual fillament and you have 2 "+" wires there, make sure the correct one is hooked up when testing
    GS850GT

Comment

When I had all 4 old ones on, they would all blink. All 4 new ones, and they just stay lit. 2 old ones in the front and 2 new ones in the rear, and they blink. 2 new ones in the front and 2 old ones in the rear, and they blink. Kinda mad that I spent $30 for a set of 4 +S&H, and that one bulb blew and I tried to get it out to replace it and cracked while trying to take it out. The new and old both say 12V35W on them. Confusing because the new ones should work because of the same wattage, but I guess that is wrong because the new and old are different sizes. So im out $30 and would just like to get a set of blinkers that when all 4 are hooked up, they all work. Just really frustrated at this point. I guess if people had input on aftermarket blinkers they bought and just put in place of their old blinkers and worked would be nice. The old and new blinkers have 2 wires. A black one and a white/black one.

Comment

are you putting dual or single filamants in the blinkers?

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny K View Post
          When I had all 4 old ones on, they would all blink. All 4 new ones, and they just stay lit. 2 old ones in the front and 2 new ones in the rear, and they blink. 2 new ones in the front and 2 old ones in the rear, and they blink.
          The new and old both say 12V35W on them. Confusing
          The old and new blinkers have 2 wires.
          sorry mate but this is beyond me

if the bulb wattage is the same between the new and old and
          if you can confirm that all new ones are functional and
          if they are all single fillament and
          all have two wires only and
          the flasher is ok...

well then, they should work in ANY combination of old and new :shock:

GS850GT

Comment

whats weird is that the replacement bulb you bought you say is the same wattage but only half as bright
            your new blinkers' bulbs may be mismarked for wattage?
            i dont know how likely that might be - but wrong wattage would indeed cause the flasher relay not to operate properly
            GS850GT

Comment

All fixed:-D. I said forget everything and go back to basics. I just put the 4 original signals back on and they all blink\\/. However, when I did take the 2 rear off for the new ones, I did happen to loose the connection from the positive wire to the base of the bulb which looks like a very thin washer with a tiny stem that connects the end of the positive wire. So my father and I had a soldering kit and both took our time and made them all connect together. Once everything was in tact, I first made sure they all blinked before tightening the bolts and so forth. They did and I was very releaved and then put everything back together. A friend of mine told me that maybe the front bulbs have a different wattage than the rear bulbs. This was after I had put it all back together and didn't feel like checking. So I think I will do some more homework than just to buy "cool" blinkers without checking if they will work with my bike or not. Appreciate the input guys.

Comment

Did you ever get these lights to work? I was thinking of buying some...

Comment

Those were not the ones I was describing, but those look good for replacing the stock ones.

Comment

Originally posted by peterpressure View Post
                    Did you ever get these lights to work? I was thinking of buying some...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=320242178967

Be careful and make sure you know the dimentions. They post misleading pictures of these. I bought the ones Johnny has and they are really tiny and look out of proportion with the rest of the bike.

Comment

Originally posted by mikluha View Post
                      Be careful and make sure you know the dimentions. They post misleading pictures of these. I bought the ones Johnny has and they are really tiny and look out of proportion with the rest of the bike.
                      I guess you get what you pay for, thanks for the tip!

Comment

Yeah, good point mikluha. I guess it all depends on what you want to do to customize your bike. I went through confusion because I think it was the previous owner who had done a lot to the wiring and that probably messed me up trying to put different signals on.

Comment

Working...
                        X