Restoring/modifying the GS650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring/modifying the GS650

Since Atilla is riding my other Beemer, we have decided to restore/trick out the GS650.

I think we have agreed to a frame up rebuild.

I'd like to lose the stock gauges, get a four to one pipe, mod the suspension (single side swing arm available????) redo the carbs, (I suggested a four barrell Holley!) and paint and other neat stuff. Money is no object...............sort of.

So, oh wise ones of the forum, lay it on me! Tell me all the neat things we can do!!!!!!!!!

I am modifying my GS 650 shaftie too. Dont know how big into choppers you are, but when I dropped my rear suspension about 4 inches and lengthened the forks, it really looked cool!!

Comment

How about Duc 916 running gear front and back, a big bore and another seat unit (the MV Agusta one looks cool with the 4 pipes sticking from under it). And because it's a womans bike a nice shade of PINK :twisted:

Comment

Robinjo says:
        .........And because it's a womans bike a nice shade of PINK
        Heck, you do that and bgmart450 will be making offers to buy the bike........I mean, his mother will - it'd go great with that pink helmet that they are looking for.
        Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
        "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
        1982 GS1100E
        1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Working...
        X