Intake boots are not firm...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intake boots are not firm...

82' 850GZ. I had bought new intake boots and o-rings last summer from robert on here. Ive had a stock K&N air filter box and just 2 days ago installed K&N Pods. What a HUGE difference. The intake boots seem to very slightly wiggle when I lift my fingers under the pods up and down. The stock box had the 2 bolts that secured everything together right on the frame. Now that it's gone, is there any way to make the boots/carbs more secure or is supposed to be that way? The intake boot allens and the clamps around the carbs with the screws are very tight and secure. Its just that if I were to lift under the pods, I can slightly move the intake boots up and down.

That's normal. The boots should be soft and pliable. Think radiator hose supple.
    2010 Honda VFR1200F
    1983 Suzuki GS750T (sold)
    Being Revisited
    1981 Honda CM400T
    http://www.bikepics.com/members/cloudbreakmd/

Comment

Oh okay good. Makes sense. Thanks.

Comment

it's probably a good idea to support the back side of the carbs with zip ties around the plate that holds the 4 carbs together and to the frame.. May have to find a different way to do it on your bike though

Comment

That's not a bad suggestion. It would look kinda weird ya know? Just looking for what other people have done, or is it just normal. Thanks though.

Comment

Working...
          X