Cv Carb Measurements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cv Carb Measurements

I need to purchase a set of CV carbs for the 650 top end conversion I am doing. I know I need 32mm Cvs for the project. Can anyone tell me where this measurement is taken on the carbs to verify that they are BS32s. There is a set on EBAY and the measurement is taken across the outside of the intake that pushes into the rubber boot on the cylinder head and the measurement is 33mm. So I dont think the ID of this throat measurement could be 32mm. Can someone explain.
    Thanks

You're reading that wrong, the measurement you're taking is about 41mm I think... it's measured where it says Out, not at the edge.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
      You're reading that wrong, the measurement you're taking is about 41mm I think... it's measured where it says Out, not at the edge.
      Hey Junkie thanx for that. I didn't read the vernier very well did I. I must be used to the digital model.
      Thanx

Comment

So am I...

put it inside the carb throat and look at what it says for IN, it should be the 32 you're looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkie View Post
          So am I...

put it inside the carb throat and look at what it says for IN, it should be the 32 you're looking for.
          Great thanks Junkie

Comment

Working...
          X