X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

750/850 project hits another snag...

GS 850 Piston Rings, STD. 12140-49001 PISTON RING SET STD
    Ordered 4 sets from RideNow.
    They get here and they are 1.0mm oversize.
    They have the listing wrong, I checked Alpha sports, Babbitt, Motogrid, ands even my local Suzuki dealer, they all tell me the part RideNow sold me as STD is an oversize.

SKU: 12140-49001
    PISTON RING SET (OS:1.0)

The standard ring is listed on all the other sites as

SKU: 12140-45120
    PISTON RING SET (STD)

Even called the Suzuki customer service number, they said the same thing.

Ridenow doesn't want to take the ring set that I opened back, as I got the part number I ordered, and the package has been opened.

Now they won't even answer my call or call me back.

RideNow sucks.

And another week or two goes by with only a GS1000 to ride. :-)
    Last edited by tkent02; 04-24-2008, 08:18 PM.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...tatesMap-1.jpg

Life is too short to ride an L.

Mail them a bag of dog****.

Tell them you don't want it back since they already opened it.

Seriously... how does anybody expect to stay in business with that kind of customer service?

Comment

that really blows.

sorry to hear it man

Comment

Originally posted by tkent02 View Post
        GS 850 Piston Rings, STD. 12140-49001 PISTON RING SET STD
        Ordered 4 sets from RideNow.
        They get here and they are 1.0mm oversize.
        They have the listing wrong, I checked Alpha sports, Babbitt, Motogrid, ands even my local Suzuki dealer, they all tell me the part RideNow sold me as STD is an oversize.

SKU: 12140-49001
        PISTON RING SET (OS:1.0)

The standard ring is listed on all the other sites as

SKU: 12140-45120
        PISTON RING SET (STD)

Even called the Suzuki customer service number, they said the same thing.

Ridenow doesn't want to take the ring set that I opened back, as I got the part number I ordered, and the package has been opened.

Now they won't even answer my call or call me back.

RideNow sucks.

And another week or two goes by with only a GS1000 to ride. :-)

Get their fax number and do the following- tape togehter four sheets of paper with the request for a refund and an explanation of the problems. Place it into a fax machine and then tape the top of the first sheet to the bottom of the last piece to make a loop of paper. Start faxing. When they get tired of recieving an endless fax from you, they'll give in and offer a refund. A buddy of mine has used this ploy 3 times in 5 years as a last ditch effort with problem companies, and always get the result he asks for.

Comment

Originally posted by PAULYBOY View Post
          Get their fax number and do the following- tape togehter four sheets of paper with the request for a refund and an explanation of the problems. Place it into a fax machine and then tape the top of the first sheet to the bottom of the last piece to make a loop of paper. Start faxing. When they get tired of recieving an endless fax from you, they'll give in and offer a refund. A buddy of mine has used this ploy 3 times in 5 years as a last ditch effort with problem companies, and always get the result he asks for.
          I like it, original, devious, a chance of working and legal.
          Sweet.
          I think sending it to the fax of the president of the company would be more fun.

Comment

did you pay with a credit card ?? File a dispute with credit Co

Comment

Actually I did, that was my wife's idea too.
              I prefer the fax thing.
              I'll give them until tomorrow to get it right.

Comment

Is it RideNow powersports? Let's all email them and harass them.
                1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
                1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Originally posted by chef1366 View Post
                  Is it RideNow powersports? Let's all email them and harass them.
                  Harass being the key word. An email protest campaign is one thing, but the fax thing could be considered harassment.

Though less gratifying, pursuing with the cc company is probably the appropriate channel. After all, it's not the buyer's fault they misrepresented their product. This belongs in the fraud complain department.
                  Dogma
                  --
                  O LORD, be gracious to me; heal me, for I have sinned against you! - David

Skeptical scrutiny is the means, in both science and religion, by which deep insights can be winnowed from deep nonsense. - Carl Sagan

--
                  '80 GS850 GLT
                  '80 GS1000 GT
                  '01 ZRX1200R

How to get a "What's New" feed without the Vortex, and without permanently quitting the Vortex

Comment

As to the fax thing, they would have to prove that you intended to send it more than once. All you gotta do is say your machine got stuck. But, more than that, the one thing in my neck of the woods that works, and I did have to do this last month with a certain HVAC company, is to threaten to send copies of your dispute to any governing bodies associated with their business, and the BBB, and your own lawyer, whether you have one or not. I've done this about 10 times in 25 years and have always had at least the outcome i wanted, if not better.

Comment

Ridenow continues to be a bunch of buttholes...
                      Another call to a different customer service person, gave her the story, says she will call back, never did.

Comment

Wrong parts listings happen -- nothing this complex is perfect. But it is the responsibility of the company selling to you to make it right.

For the record, I've had similar mixups with other parts with Flat Out and BikeBandit, and both handled the problems ASAP and sent me the correct parts.
                        1983 GS850G, Cosmos Blue.
                        2005 KLR685, Aztec Pink - Turd II.3, the ReReReTurdening
                        2015 Yamaha FJ-09, Magma Red Power Corrupts...
                        Eat more venison.

Please provide details. The GSR Hive Mind is nearly omniscient, but not yet clairvoyant.

Celeriter equita, converteque saepe.

SUPPORT THIS SITE! DONATE TODAY!

Co-host of "The Riding Obsession" sport-touring motorcycling podcast at tro.bike!

Comment

RideNow still sucks...

Since I started this project, I have bought two GS1000s, one rides very nicely indeed now after a month's worth of tinkering, beautiful bike. It is running because I didn't order parts for it from RideNow. The second one might be a parts bike, or I might put it together one day...needs a lot of effort, it sat outside for 18 years. It's engine does run well though, once I put the 750's carburetors on it. Unfortunately I am still waiting for RideNow to come up with some 850 rings so I can ride now or at least sometime in the near future. I have a short attention span, and have pretty much lost interest in the 750/850 project, in favor of simply dropping in the second 1000's engine. Way easier and thanks to RideNow, way quicker as well. Pulled the 750 bottom end out today, amazingly easy with two strong kids to help lift, had to do it myself last time. I suppose if RideNow ever gets around to finding some rings for me, I might someday finish putting the 850 top end on the 750 engine. I wonder if I will ever get around to removing the 1000 engine in favor of the hybrid 850?
                          Seems a bit counter productive doesn't it?
                          Maybe when gasoline hits $10 per gallon I might want the smaller displacement.
                          I bet when gas hits $10, I still won't have those rings from RideNow.
                          But when it does hit $10 I might go find that elusive 650E I've been looking for forever, or maybe just an old 450 to get around town.
                          Might even stick the leftover 750 pistons in the 650. But I won't order rings from RideNow.

Comment

GS1000 engine needs motor mounts...
                            I had heard all the 750 mounts fit the 1000 engine, except the rear one, it needs to be fabricated. Got the 1000 engine sitting in the 750 frame, nothing fits, I will have to make them all.

Anyone done this before?

Comment

We raced a gs 750 with the 1000 motor. None of the motor mounts lined up. However they could all be made of flat stock If I remember correctly. Not a big job. Just remember to make sure the countershaft sprocket needs to line up with the rear sprocket.

Good luck, Paul
                              80 gs1100 16-v ported & polished, 1 mm oversize intake valves, 1150 carbs w/Dynojet stage 3, plus Bandit/gsxr upgrades

Comment

Working...
                              X