Truly my last PINGEL PETCOCK question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truly my last PINGEL PETCOCK question!!

I was out of town for a week and put a clear line on my "slide-slot" OEM petcock leading in a loop....yes, it is defective and had about an ounce or so of gas in it. My question if this:.....My 1980 GS750L has so little clearance where the petcock lives...how far (in millimeters) is it from the bottom of the gas tank to the bottom of a Pingel petcock???? I'm concerned that it won't fit.....the stock part is a piece of junk but...it's awfully small...and for good reason. Thanks, guys!!!!!!!! :P
    1980 GS1100E....Number 15!

The Pingel hans down about as far, maybe a little less, as the stock valve on my '81 1100E. I would bet that it will fit.

Hap

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Hap, but I'm hoping to get a specific length. I feel sure that my stock petcock is smaller than yours and.....mine is in there pretty tight. :roll:

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by chuckycheese
        Thanks, Hap, but I'm hoping to get a specific length. I feel sure that my stock petcock is smaller than yours and.....mine is in there pretty tight. :roll:
        sounds like "pingle envy'

Comment

Originally posted by skip[
          sounds like "pingle envy'
          OH CHEEZE

Comment

I will try to measure it this evening when I get home...that will give you some sort of guideline.

Hap

Comment

Thanks

Thanks, Hap..that would be great. I knew my "mine's bigger than yours" line would probably draw the attention of the riff-raff. :P :P

Comment

Thanks, Hap..that would be great. I knew my "mine's bigger than yours" line would probably draw the attention of the riff-raff. :P :P
                HEY!!! Who you calling riff-raff!!! That's MR. Riff-Raff to you!!!

Hap

Comment

Re: Truly my last PINGEL PETCOCK question!!

Including the adapter plate, my Pingel protrudes 1 3/8" from the bottom of the gas tank. Or since 1 3/8" is 1.375" and there are 25.4mm to an inch, about 34.9mm :-)

Earl

I was out of town for a week and put a clear line on my "slide-slot" OEM petcock leading in a loop....yes, it is defective and had about an ounce or so of gas in it. My question if this:.....My 1980 GS750L has so little clearance where the petcock lives...how far (in millimeters) is it from the bottom of the gas tank to the bottom of a Pingel petcock???? I'm concerned that it won't fit.....the stock part is a piece of junk but...it's awfully small...and for good reason. Thanks, guys!!!!!!!! :P
                  All the robots copy robots.

Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

You are free to choose, but you are not free from the consequences of your choices.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks very much, Earl...you must be a shipwright...I was hoping you'd weigh in. Hap...you're not the riff-raff....I was referring to those other naughty boys...Skip and Slopoke :roll:

By the way, I may not have necessary clearance. My bike's at my other place so I'll measure it and leave a message just in case any of the other folks have my same model. Thanks, again, for the information. This site is awesome...because of all of you!

Comment

your comment was base enough . It didnt need any help from any one.

Comment

well...

Well, maybe so, Scotty, but I think all you big, bad bikers are a little on the naughty side. By the way, I may be moving down close to you and Earl sometime soon....I flew down to Florida just last week for a second look!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: well...

Well, maybe so, Scotty, but I think all you big, bad bikers are a little on the naughty side. By the way, I may be moving down close to you and Earl sometime soon....I flew down to Florida just last week for a second look!!!!!!!
                          Florida is full Where are you thinking of moving to??

Comment

Charlie,

You should like it down there.....plenty of ChuckyCheese's down there for you.......
                            Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
                            "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
                            1982 GS1100E
                            1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Sunshine state

Well, I'm very seriously considering Punta Gorda Isles and just made an offer on a really nice house about 15 minutes ago. I love California but it's just gotten so crazy lately. Any thoughts on the Charlotte county area would be welcome!!

Comment

Working...
                              X