Truly my last PINGEL PETCOCK question!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte area....

hmmmm........very warm, very little breeze, mosquito's are bad and tons of Canadians and retirees. There is one mall there, just off of Kings highway, as well as a super Walmart, and all the necessary "mens" stores (Home Depot, etc.) How do I know? Well, my folks live there, and I end up going down there at least once a year, usually during Thanksgiving. The area is very nice, in fact I have a lot down there (without house) myself. Was thinking about building. If you want to rent for a while and search around in peace for a more permanent place ..... Burnt Store Marina used to offer some pretty nice apartments/townhouses to stay at.

Don't know what age group you're in, but I was more partial to the east coast of Florida....a little more going on there. But can't say too much more negative stuff about the place, otherwise certain members here will no longer supply me with valuable information
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

Re: Sunshine state

The Punta Gorda/Port Charlotte/Northport (basically different ends of the same town) area is really nice. Its about 60 miles north of me. Punta Gorda sits on a huge bay and the intercoastal. Fishing, boating, and riding is great.
      Y'all come on down Y'heah. :-) :-) We'll have to get together for a ride around lake Ocheechobee and go gator dodging some saturday night in the swamps. :-) :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by chuckycheese
      Well, I'm very seriously considering Punta Gorda Isles and just made an offer on a really nice house about 15 minutes ago. I love California but it's just gotten so crazy lately. Any thoughts on the Charlotte county area would be w\elcome!!
      Komorebi-The light filtering through the trees.

That human beings can not bear too much reality, explains so much.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by chuckycheese
        Thanks very much, Earl...you must be a shipwright...I was hoping you'd weigh in. Hap...you're not the riff-raff....I was referring to those other naughty boys...Skip and Slopoke :roll:

By the way, I may not have necessary clearance. My bike's at my other place so I'll measure it and leave a message just in case any of the other folks have my same model. Thanks, again, for the information. This site is awesome...because of all of you!
        I made it all the way up to rif raf? Thats a promotion thanks!

Comment

Re: Thanks

Hmmm Skip, I guess that means youre rif and Scotty is raf. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by skip[
          I made it all the way up to rif raf? Thats a promotion thanks!

Comment

Everyone notice how one souh Floridian just automatically excludes himsel from the rif-raf group. "None are so blind as those will will not see" 8O 8O

Comment

Scotty I hate to contradict you but Earl is now officially an "1150 Powerhound" and he has the dogs to prove it
              Dink

Comment

Originally posted by Dink
                Scotty I hate to contradict you but Earl is now officially an "1150 Powerhound" and he has the dogs to prove it
                Dink
                OH YES I EMEMBER.

Comment

Wasn't Punta Gorda number one on Money magazines list a coupla years ago? "Best Places to Live in the United States". Rochester Minnesota made the first list as "The best place to live in the United States". We made first or second for a number of years, you guy's towns never did.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder who you could be talking about. :-) :-)

Earl

Originally posted by slopoke
                    Everyone notice how one souh Floridian just automatically excludes himsel from the rif-raf group. "None are so blind as those will will not see" 8O 8O

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X