Will 750 & 850 Carbs Fit Gs650

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will 750 & 850 Carbs Fit Gs650

I am after a set of BS32 CV carbs for my GS650 conversion. I have done some research and know that the GS750 and GS850 also use BS32 carbs as well. What I need to know is in reference to the carb spacing on the rack. Does anyone know if the spacings are different between the carbs so they will line up with the carb boots. Are the 650, 750 & 850 the same or different. In other words which carbs can I purchase?
    Don

I don't know what else will fit your 650, but I just measured a rack of 850 carbs for you. 8-[

The spacing between 1&2 and 3&4 is 2 15/16". The spacing between 2&3 is 3 1/2".

Hope this helps.

sigpic
    mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
    hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
    #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
    #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
    Family Portrait
    Siblings and Spouses
    Mom's first ride
    Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
    (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I don't know what else will fit your 650, but I just measured a rack of 850 carbs for you. 8-[

The spacing between 1&2 and 3&4 is 2 15/16". The spacing between 2&3 is 3 1/2".

Hope this helps.

Thanks heaps Steve. Is this measurement taken from between the aluminium intake stubs that push into the intake boots on the head.
      Cheers. Don

Comment

The carbs will work, but the rack will not fit. the spacing is off.
        I replaced one carb in the rack for my 850 with a 650 carb. I'm pretty sure the jets are diferent as well. i didn't check, i just swapped 'em with the ones from the 850 carb. There are other subtle differences as well. better to try to find a rack designed for the bike (unless you enjoy 'engineering').

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
          Thanks heaps Steve. Is this measurement taken from between the aluminium intake stubs that push into the intake boots on the head.
          Cheers. Don
          That is basically a center-to-center measurement of the carb throats on the engine side of the carbs.

sigpic
          mine: 2000 Honda GoldWing GL1500SE and 1980 GS850G'K' "Junior"
          hers: 1982 GS850GL - "Angel" and 1969 Suzuki T250 Scrambler
          #1 son: 1986 Yamaha Venture Royale 1300 and 1982 GS650GL "Rat Bagger"
          #2 son: 1980 GS1000G
          Family Portrait
          Siblings and Spouses
          Mom's first ride
          Want a copy of my valve adjust spreadsheet for your 2-valve per cylinder engine? Send me an e-mail request (not a PM)
          (Click on my username in the upper-left corner for e-mail info.)

Comment

General carb question....
            I've been keeping my eyes peeled on ebay for a full set for my gs1000. It has the 34mm (???? I think.......) cv carbs on it. If I wanted to look for VM carbs as a potential replacement set what would I look for.... 34mm.... a set off an older GS1000.... Is the general consensus that the VM carbs are superior.....

Comment

Originally posted by Steve View Post
              That is basically a center-to-center measurement of the carb throats on the engine side of the carbs.

Thanks Steve.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorgonzo View Post
                General carb question....
                I've been keeping my eyes peeled on ebay for a full set for my gs1000. It has the 34mm (???? I think.......) cv carbs on it. If I wanted to look for VM carbs as a potential replacement set what would I look for.... 34mm.... a set off an older GS1000.... Is the general consensus that the VM carbs are superior.....
                VMs won't fit your current head.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzuki_Don View Post
                  VMs won't fit your current head.
                  That's the answer I needed (if not the one I hoped for). Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                  X