1982 GS450L - Will 81 tach work on it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1982 GS450L - Will 81 tach work on it?

I just bought a GS450L, I picked it up tonight. I knew the the tach had been stolen before I bought it. I found a tach on ebay from an 81 450L that the guy said was electric. I figured if the 81 was electric, then the 82 had to be also and I could use it.. I won the auction. The guy just emailed me saying the tach he listed as electric was actually mechanical. I'm guessing he doesn't have the cable for it. He is offering to refund my money. I need to know if I can use this tach on the 82. Does anybody know? Thanks.

Never Mind, I figured it out

Sorry about wasting your time. I went to bike bandit and looked at the schematic for the tach. It is the same as for the 81. The cable shows a different part number, so I'll have to order that. Its a learning experience. I'm sorry I didn't think of that before asking the question. Thanks.

Comment

we all learn no mater what the outcome of any conversation is. I hope 8O I would be dcurious to know why the cable is difrent. Is it just length???

Comment

I don't know what the difference is. The X model part number is 34940-40731, and the Z model is 34940-40732. They both show as discontinued parts in the bike bandit part number search, so I couldn't get any more info that way.

Comment

Working...
        X