Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody here know Suzuki dirtbike answers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody here know Suzuki dirtbike answers?

I bought a 1978 Suzuki TS250. It is a street legal dual purpose Enduro. I need an original sized piston and rings for it. I contacted Weisco and their response was that it would not be cost effective to fix the bike. WOW. Can it really cost that much for these parts. Any other outlet for the parts? Local dealer only wants to sell new bikes and hates to order parts for older bikes so I'm still looking for parts. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Get a bike magazine a order through one of the discount parts houses.

Comment

Find another bike shop.....If yours won't order 'older' parts, find someone that will. I had a Suzi 90, 1972 model, and had plenty of shops willing to order the parts I needed for it. Yes, it won't be cheap, but if a shop is willing to help rather than say 'too old', forget the business with them. :twisted:

Comment

Hi Bob, try Paul Miller Motorcycles. I've gotten parts from him for my 76 GT250 and know he advertises parts for the TS.
        His email is:vintagesuzuki@attbi.com

A good magazine is Walneck's. It has a wide variety of different parts people in it.
        Good luck on finding the parts you need. Don't give up, the parts are out there.
        Doug aka crag antler

83GS1100E, gone
        2000 Kawasaki Concours
        Please wear ATGATT

Comment

I haven't been in their shop since they told me to part out my Yamaha XT550 because the points were no longer available. Dealer 55 miles away had them in stock. Come to find out everybody had or could get them except for my local dealer. I hadn't thought of them yet. Sure sign of getting old.

I'll also check out the Paul Miller website. I'm always looking for parts on line dealers for all kinds of parts. If I don't find what I'm looking for I'll try the Walnecks magazine. Thanks for the ideas.

Comment

CHECK THIS GUY OUT, HE HAS LOADS OF NOS SUZUKI STUFF.

RICH

Comment

Working...
            X