Gas in air filter!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gas in air filter!!

I just recently installed a dynojet kit and K&N filters on my 83 1100 ED, and followed directions givin from this site. "Dynojet kit is #3133 and pods #RC-0984. Install the kit using the instructions. Except put the needle on the second notch from the bottom and use the 132 DJ main. Also put the idle mxture screws around three turns out." The girl runs better but now I have gas spitting into the air filters. What do I do to fix this?

gas in filter

Hello ,Ive had the same problem with my 81 550T stage III& cones. if i put petcock to reserve leak stops bike runs great. ive asked same Queston this week but all ive been told is my float settings. I suspect petcock vacume prob or gas cap not vent.Ill have to figure out myself. wish i or some one could help. good luck. SAN

Comment

SAN
      Gas cap not venting would starve you of fuel. A bad petcock would also starve you of fuel unless the diaphragm is bad and leaking into the #2 cylinder. But that would go directly into the combustion chamber and not out the pilot air jet.

pinner (does this reflect on the size of your doobies?)
      Did you split your carbs, dip them and put in new o-rings?
      Also check float height. :?
      1983 GS 1100E w/ 1230 kit, .340 lift Web Cams, Ape heavy duty valve springs, 83 1100 head with 1.5mm oversized SS intake valves, 1150 crank, Vance and Hines 1150 SuperHub, Star Racing high volume oil pump gears, 36mm carebs Dynojet stage 3 jet kit, Posplayr's SSPB, Progressive rear shocks and fork springs, Dyna 2000, Dynatek green coils and Vance & Hines 4-1 exhaust.
      1985 GS1150ES stock with 85 Red E bodywork.

Comment

Carbs cleaned via cleanup series on here (I use it everytime). Float hights were just checked when installing DJ kit. I will pull cabs apart again and re check. Thank you.

Comment

I have the same problem with my new bike I just bought. Its a 83 1100E
          It does have a jet kit installed. any way I turned the prime on and in 30 sec gas started flowing out of my pilet air jet. I just ripped the carbs off and broke them down for a rebuild. I did notice that the needle had a film of old, bad gas that made them a little sticky. I am going to clean and dip every thing hopefully that will fix it. I post back when there back together.

Comment

Working...
          X