Something Ugly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bert Patterson
    Oddly, I'm kind of cross-shopping with the Triumph Daytona (Ducati's too much of a commitment). Mille and the Daytona are really sweet sportbikes on the road, unique tough motors and they pull like a D10.
    Bert, before my son's college costs stuck their ugly head into my motorcycling world, I was looking at getting a "sporty" sport-tourer. I looked at a 2001 Sprint ST (modified Daytona engine before the latest 2002 updates) and the Aprilia Futura (basically a modified Mille engine in it). I never got around to riding the Futura but I did take the Triumph Sprint for a run......that triple is impressive.

Best of luck with your shopping.....I am envious.

Comment

It's just going to require a little real estate transaction. Fortunately, I live in what appears to be a perpetual sellers market.

I was hanging out with some of the Crud last night (and it is possible to have too many beers) and they seem to like what I'd narrowed it down to. But a few of them tried to include other bikes, including a KTM 650 and a Duc 916. This was only because these guys all have many bikes and were trying to convince me to buy one of theirs. I mentioned that a pre-'98 900ss had been on my list and Steve said I might as well just buy another Norton if I want such an ancient machine. He had driven Egan's for awhile and said it was incredibly outdated. So the one Duc that kept moving on and off my list is now removed completely.
      "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why they are poor, they call me a communist." Bishop Helder Camara

"Beware of the man with only one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...dStatesMap.jpg

82 GS1100E....black w/WC fairing and plenty o corrosion and low levels of attention

Comment

Working...
      X