pilot screw setiings bs32ss carb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pilot screw setiings bs32ss carb

I have an 82 gs 550L with mikuni bs32ss carbs. My Haynes and my chilton manual don't have pilotscrew setting that i can find. I searched this site and saw three settings 1.5, 2 and 3.5 turns. Anybody have a definitive setting? Thanks

I have the same carbs (BS32mm). On my bike it depends on cylinder, but can be anywhere from 1/2 to 1-3/4 turns.

If you're starting from scratch, I'd just say start with 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 turns out all all 4 and start reading plugs whenever you get a chance. Fine tune from there according to what the plugs tell you.
    Frosty (falsely accused of "Thread-Hijacking"!)
    "Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot."

Owner of:
    1982 GS1100E
    1995 Triumph Daytona 1200

Comment

On my'83 850L, the factory settings were..2 1/4 turns out on the 2 inboard cylinders (2 and 3), and the 2 outboard cylinders (1 and 4) were completely seated. I matched the outboard cylinders to the inboard settings. The results were less choke time needed, slightly better off idle throttle response.

Comment

here you go i'll give the the straight talk, not to step on anyones toes, the factory manuel sez they need to be 3.5 out this is the setting i used on my 81 550t and it worked beautifuly, btw the 81 and the 82 550 are the exact same motor and carb so these setting will work on your bike too, i'm runing a stage 3 jet kit for a 82 550 kat on my bike and it works fine, like i said same motor same carb.
        78 GS1000 Yosh replica racer project
        82 Kat 1000 Project
        05 CRF450x
        10 990 ADV-R The big dirt bike

P.S I don't check PM to often, email me if you need me.

Comment

settings

Thanks fot the info . Great to see that everyone agrees.

Comment

Working...
          X